Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Optimist, Pessimist...Team mates reactions?

Well, I had an interesting idea on my way back from work yesterday ... yes the long commute never ceases to inspire me .. ;)

It's difficult for anyone outside of my team to get this joke, as it's just based on the mannerisms of my team-mates .... and my guess on how they'd react to the situation .... Everyone including da boss had a gr8 time reading this ... and I got compliments for 'the most original joke' instead of the usual ... PJ PJ (lame joke) comments ... :) lolz ... anyway, here's the mail I sent out ... (names have been changed to protect identities :)

----
Hiya All,

Was just thinking about how some of our team members would react to this situation -
Optimist – “The glass is half full”

Pessimist – “The glass is half empty”

Opportunist – will just empty the glass and blame it on the Pessimist. (the pessimist probably expects that to happen!)

Anup –
Life’s a bitch! I’m always handed empty glasses! No one appreciates me. I want a long leave. I want a pay-hike. Damn all this! …. (complaining as usual)

AS –
Hamare Dilhi mein aise kehte hain ki –
“ab Gam uThaaye.n kis liye ye dil jalaaye.n kis liye
aa.Nsuu bahaaye.n kis liye yuu.N jaa.N gavaaye.n kis liye
peshaa na ho jis kaa sitam Dhuu.Nde.nge ab aisaa sanam
ho.nge kahii.n to kaar_gar mai.n aur merii aavaaragii”
..... Taaliyan!!!

BB –
Ki? Hainh? … :) ... {that's how she always reacts}

AP –
If the glass was half-empty, you can make it full by putting it in the freezer. A half-full glass of water will become one full glass of Ice…. (the intellectual PJ master)

GW –
Good one … Good one … (QC’s laugh obviously can’t be described here… :)

MP –
Oh God! That’s so funny!!!! …. (her laugh can’t be described either :)

AP –
(his laugh can’t be described either!)

.... but by this time, the whole office knows that the TEAM chaps are working really hard :) ... As usual! ;)

StB –
Manages to crack a smile with great difficulty

GS –
Apun ke Thane mein aisa sab problem nahin hota hain. Mumbai ka saara paani wahin se to aata hain!

LR –
That glass of water cost me Rs.470! I got it when I went shopping yesterday and we shopped for 3 hours ………………………. (I’m still waiting for her to complete the sentence)

ShB –
When I joined the project, we didn’t have a glass. We didn’t even have water. You should be happy that you have a glass today …………… (2 hours later, after the induction session is over, …. I’ve learnt that …. The office AC is really cool …. And that induction sessions should never be held after lunch)

RB –
The glass only appears to be empty. It’s full in a metaphysical sense…… Have you heard the song ‘don’t steal my glass of water’ by Jimi Hendrix? ...

AJ –
Don’t worry. The glass will be filled very soon. It will happen!

:)... :)


NO OFFENCE INTENDED guys. I’m just messing around, as usual. Please don’t misunderstand.

And if u are offended in any way, don’t tell me ….. just email it to me ….and I’ll see what I can do… (SHIFT+DEL) .... :)

Peace Out!

Anup


PS: N, S and B, – u guys have escaped this time … par agli baar nahin bach paaoge! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger tulipspeaks said...

a lil hard for a tamil-speaking gal..


but nevertheless..i'll check this space out often..

=am000nie=

5:09 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

me too lost..in the Hindi bits :(

Keshi.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home